- ½ Kent pumpkin, cut in half crossways
- 80ml pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g Persian feta
- 370g cooked brown rice (or wild rice)
- 4 red radishes, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, white and green parts, finely sliced
- ½ bunch of mint, leaves picked and torn
- 2 handfuls of picked watercress
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper Step 2 Place the pumpkin halves flesh-side up on the lined tray. Drizzle the maple syrup and oil over the top, season well with salt and pepper and roast for 2 hours. Step 3 Just before the pumpkin comes out of the oven, add all the salad ingredients to a medium bowl and toss well. Step 4 Once the pumpkin is cooked, scoop out the seeds and place the two halves on serving platters or boards. Arrange the salad on top and slightly off the sides, and scatter over the feta. Step 5 To serve, cut the pumpkin as you would a cake and serve it with skin and all.