We’ve been busy making lots of fresh products lately – from chilli salts and sriracha to breakfast jam and granola, all the delicious condiments on our restaurant shelves are made by our chefs in the kitchen and packaged by hand in our venues. But if you’re ever thinking ‘Mmm, Ducks Curry Paste… what should I do with that?’ our chefs have pulled together some easy-as recipes to make use of the basics you’ll find at our Produce Store in Byron or your local grocery shop…
MUSSELS WITH DUCKS’ CURRY SAUCE
– 150g Ducks Curry Paste
– 1kg mussels, cleaned
– 500ml coconut milk
– 1 red onion, sliced
– 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
– 300g cooked brown rice
– 1 bunch coriander, cut roughly
– 1 bunch Thai basil, leaves picked
– 2 tbls coconut oil
– 2 limes
1. Add the oil to a large pot on a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and curry paste, fry until fragrant, stirring constantly.
3. Add coconut milk, bring to a boil, then add the mussels and tomatoes.
4. Place lid on and simmer until all the mussels have opened.
5. Add rice and herbs and season with lime juice.
To use our curry paste, make this mussel dish.
To use our dukkah and our kasundi, make this eggplant brekkie.
To use our peri peri spice, make this whole chicken.